Selecting a good insurance policy for your two-wheeler is a process that you put a lot of thought into. You have to consider the company offering the insurance, the type of plans being offered, and the claim procedure of the two-wheeler insurance.
ICICI Lombard is among the major general insurance companies in India. It has a very satisfied customer base and one of the reasons for this is its simple claim procedure. This post will be talking in detail about the procedure to claim two-wheeler insurance from ICICI Lombard and the benefits they offer.
Claiming Procedure of Two-Wheeler Insurance from ICICI Lombard
So how do you go about making a claim for the two-wheeler insurance from ICICI Lombard? There are two types of claims – Cashless claims and Reimbursement claims. ICICI Lombard has many network garages all around the country.
If you take your vehicle to any of these network garages, then you need not make any payment to the garage. The payment is taken care of directly by ICICI Lombard. These claims are cashless claims.
However, if due to any reason you cannot take your vehicle to a network garage, then you need to make the payment out of your pocket and then make a reimbursement claim to ICICI Lombard.
Procedure for Cashless Claims:
- If you meet with an accident that involves another vehicle or person, then note down their names, contact details, and the number of the vehicle.
- The next thing to do is contact ICICI Lombard on their toll-free number – 1800 2666 or send an SMS with the text “CLAIM” to 575758 and you will be contacted by the call centre representative. The call centre representative will direct you to the nearest network garage and give you a claim number. This is the reference number you will need to use for any queries regarding this claim. The representative will also inform you about all the documents required to process this claim.
- If it is a major accident or results in any bodily harm or damage to a third party, or loss or theft is involved, then you need to file an FIR at the police station nearest to the area of the incident.
- Once this is done, you can take your vehicle to the network garage that was suggested to you by the call centre representative.
- Within 24 hours of the claim being registered, you will be contacted by a surveyor or a customer relationship manager (CRM) for ICICI Lombard two wheeler insurance. The CRM will verify all your documents, get an estimate of the amount required for the repairs of the vehicle, and then give approval based on their assessment.
- All the payments that should be made by the insurer will be made directly to the garage. There will be a small amount you will need to pay as per the terms and conditions of your insurance policy. You can make this payment to the garage.
Procedure for Reimbursement Claims:
If you are unable to visit the network garage and you get the repairs done from another garage, your claim amount will be paid directly to you.
- Follow the first three steps mentioned above for registering your claim and filing an FIR.
- The CRM will contact you within 24 hours of registering the claim, inspect the damages, and reach an estimate for the repairs. The CRM may also take photographs of the damages for proof.
- You can then take your vehicle to your preferred garage and get it repaired. The CRM will need to verify the repairs once they are done.
- You can pay the garage for the repairs and get a proof of release document from them. You need to submit this document along with the original bill and cash receipt to the CRM.
- The CRM will then verify all the documents and submit it to ICICI Lombard for claim settlement.
- Once the documents are received by the insurer, the claim process will be initiated and the claim amount for the two-wheeler insurance from ICICI Lombard will be paid directly to you within 7 working days from the date of receipt of the documents.
Claiming Benefits of Two-Wheeler Insurance from ICICI Lombard
When you make a claim on two-wheeler insurance from ICICI Lombard, there are certain benefits offered to help you.
1. Cashless Repairs
ICICI Lombard has many network garages all throughout the country. If you get your repairs done from a network garage, the insurer makes the payment to the garage and you are spared the hassle of filing a claim and waiting for the claim amount to be paid to you.
2. Towing Facility:
Sometimes the accidents are so severe that you cannot ride your vehicle till the garage. ICICI Lombard offers free pickup and towing facility. They also offer free wash for the vehicle after the repair.
3. Loss Assessment Survey within 4 Hours:
In case of theft or loss of vehicle, a loss assessment is performed by a surveyor. If the loss can be reported before 2 PM, then ICICI Lombard assures that the surveyor will visit you within 4 hours to perform the assessment. If it is reported after 2 PM, the surveyor will visit you as soon as possible, but it might take a little longer than 4 hours.
4. Quality Assurance on Repairs:
Whenever you buy a product, you want to be sure that you are getting the best quality product. The same applies to repairs as well. If you are getting your repairs done from a network garage, then ICICI Lombard assures you that repairs will last for 6 months or 6,000 km, whichever comes first.
If you need any further clarifications, you can contact either ICICI Lombard customer care. Coverfox.com is also a good place to compare and purchase your two-wheeler insurance and clear any doubts you may have about the auto insurance policy.